Call for Applications: Fundraising Consultant at CIPESA
The Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) is a leading centre for research and analysis that works to defend and expand the digital civic space to enable the protection and promotion of human rights and to enhance innovation and sustainable development. With a focus on disparate actors including government, the private sector, civil society, media, policy makers and multinational institutions, our work aims to engender a free, open and secure internet that advances rights, livelihoods, and democratic governance. CIPESA’s work responds to a shortage of information, research, resources and actors consistently working at the nexus of technology, human rights and society.
CIPESA continues to address the rising threats and challenges to Africa’s digital landscape and the enjoyment of digital rights on the continent. Some of these include the arbitrary arrest, detention and prosecution and intimidation of users of digital technologies, digital taxation, internet disruptions, disinformation, digital exclusion, surveillance, cyber attacks, poorly regulated digital identity programmes, digital authoritarianism, and the proliferation of regressive legislation that undermines the digital economy.
We have responded to these challenges through ambitious programming that includes,
- Knowledge and skills development;
- Generating research-based evidence;
- Policy engagement;
- Movement building; and
- Strategic litigation.
CIPESA is now actively searching for an experienced fundraising consultant with a passion for non-profit work to help us develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy to support the implementation of our new strategic plan.
The consultant will, among others:
- Conduct a situation analysis of CIPESA’s funding over the last planning period.
- Develop SMART objectives for the strategy.
- Conduct research to identify and map potential donors and funding sources for the new planning period.
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising plan, including specific tactics, budgets, and timelines.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation framework for the fundraising strategy.
- Support the execution of select fundraising activities.
- Train Board members and staff on best practices for effective donor engagement.
We expect the successful candidate to start the assignment by March 1, 2023 and complete by May 31, 2023.
If you are interested in working with a passionate team to make real impact in protecting and advancing the enjoyment of internet and digital rights in Africa, kindly send your detailed technical and financial proposal, CV and a cover letter explaining your qualifications and experience to [email protected] by February 15, 2023.